Refresh Available Plugins Causes Invalid Plugin Error

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
S7eele

Refresh Available Plugins Causes Invalid Plugin Error

Post by S7eele »

I have mentioned this problem before but I have never provided the team with the necessary documentation (logs) for you to actually follow up on it. I am doing so now although I would like to clarify and state that it is more of a nuisance than problem. It has existed in the past three versions of UMS at least and taking into account how quickly you folks release updates and patches I wanted to make sure it hadn't been fixed in the most recent update, 2.6.3, which I saw available for download last night. I did a completely clean install of 2.6.3, choosing to install AviSynth MT 2.6, but then closing the install program without creating a shortcut or launching the program. I glanced at the directory structure a bit, will look a little more before trying to install plugins and will try to track changes as plugins install. Before going any further I thought it best to get the cleanest capture of this one issue.

In summary, everytime you press the "Refresh Plugins" button available on the "Plugin Tab" of UMS where you can use the GUI to install and configure plugins in the later versions of UMS an entry is created in the log indicating that "An invalid plugin has been ignored". I am not sure what else might be happening but I know it creates the logfile entry described. For purposes of capturing the attached logs I simply started UMS via the .exe, navigated to plugin tab, refreshed available plugins two times, navigated to the log page, zipped the attached files and exited.

I know this is extremely minor in the big picture of things and I hope I am not just pointing out the obvious and wasting everyones time, let me know. I owe you more than I have been able to donate so far so I am simply trying to do my part to make it the best media server available.

Edited this post to provide second attachment, '050113_001_ums_dbg.zip'.
Attachments
050113_001_ums_dbg.zip
I noticed that an Invalid Plugin error was also being placed in debug.log, after all the network interfaces are listed at the top of the file, whether any further action was taken or not. The logs in the file 050113_001_ums_dbg.zip are the result of simply starting UMS and shutting it down. No other activity.
(16.81 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Clean Install - Refresh Plugin Caused Invalid Plugin X2.zip
These log files were captured when I executed UMS for the first time after a clean install in which I chose not to execute UMS or create a desktop shortcut, just closed install program. So I ran UMS.EXE, pressed the refresh available plugins button twice, captured the logs, shut down and submitted this message.
(18.6 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
Peace!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Refresh Available Plugins Causes Invalid Plugin Error

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for reporting it, S7eele. The message will be hidden in the next version :)
S7eele

Re: Refresh Available Plugins Causes Invalid Plugin Error

Post by S7eele »

SubJunk wrote:Thanks for reporting it, S7eele. The message will be hidden in the next version :)
No problem. I hate reporting things like this because I know they are either already identified for correction or will be soon as normal development of UMS continues. Anyway, I figured if I could capture the right logfiles for you and provide a decent summary it couldn't hurt. Hope it was of some help.

Peace!
Peace!