How do disable default sharing <All Drives> ?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
nicomess

Post by nicomess »

Question:

<All Drives> can not be disabled/removed in the GUI by selecting it and clicking the red '"X" to remove it as suggested here:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/ ... e#M3765180

I use the vfolders config-setting in UMS.conf with JSON Syntax to create Virtual Folders for my media library like this:
vfolders=[{"name":"Videos","files":["D:\\\\Videos","F:\\\\Videos"]}]

These virtual folders are the only folders i want to see when entering UMS from my TV !

Currently my workaround is sharing one "dummy" folder to prevent UMS from sharing all my drives. But this sucks.

Notice:
The virtual_folders section is still present in configuraton but does not seem to work ( deprecated ? ).
This information is wrong: http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/forum/vie ... 822#p32204
virtual_folders seems to be deprecated in favor of vfolders - leaving the option to either input direct JSON or point to a file containing JSON like this:
volders = @vfolders.json
There is no GUI for the virtual folder mapping in UMS which would be quite nice.
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: How do disable default sharing <All Drives> ?

Post by SharkHunter »

You are most likely correct. UMS/PMS will first add all shared folders (which defaults to all folders) and then add the vfolders. If you don't configure any shared folders it will always be all. Maybe we should add some option for this. And yes vfolder=@file or json is the way to get it to work. You shouldn't trust other sites and old posts :)
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
ExSport

Re: How do disable default sharing <All Drives> ?

Post by ExSport »

It is wrong because post is from 2010?
Here you can find an update 8-) :
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=707&p=4402&hilit=vfolders#p4402