Media Server Error

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
geaves

Media Server Error

Post by geaves »

I'm using V3 alpha and it's been fine, today I'm getting;

Media Server Error:
An HTTP error (500) has occurred
Optimus_prime

Re: Media Server Error

Post by Optimus_prime »

I've never seen that one myself, whats the log look like?
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
geaves

Post by geaves »

Optimus_prime wrote:I've never seen that one myself, whats the log look like?
Will post log later if necessary....have tried 2.6.2 and get a different error....as the files are stored on an external hard drive (formatted ntfs) UMS runs on a linux machine.....so I'm currently checking the HD via my windows machine to see if it finds and fixes any errors, could be the ExHD is failing. :(
geaves

Post by geaves »

Chkdsk seems to have fixed errors and its back up, however, will keep my eye on it, but the debug log appears to be showing a large # of font errors. Will run same film later and add debug log file.
geaves

Post by geaves »

The error occurred again so I switched HD's and copied a few movies to a 1Tb drive.....same error.....have attached dbug for reference.
Attachments
http error ums_dbg.zip
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Could you post a debug log on trace for 2.6.2 playing the same file please geaves. I would like to compare the two versions
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
geaves

Post by geaves »

Optimus_prime wrote:Could you post a debug log on trace for 2.6.2 playing the same file please geaves. I would like to compare the two versions
Log attached, but different error.
Attachments
2.6.2 trace ums_dbg.zip
(9.11 KiB) Downloaded 431 times
geaves

Post by geaves »

Attached another log from 2.6.2 but this is with the film from my PC HD, same error.
Attachments
2.6.2 trace PC HD ums_dbg.zip
(14 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

Sorry mate is this the only file this is failing for. What i can see is that it tries ffmpeg, mencoder and reports the External input steam instance is null.... quite a few times. I'll do a bit more digging and see what i can see.

Edit: what type of linux are you using, when was the last time you updated ffmpeg?
How Ask For Support
geaves

Post by geaves »

Optimus_prime wrote:Sorry mate is this the only file this is failing for. What i can see is that it tries ffmpeg, mencoder and reports the External input steam instance is null.... quite a few times. I'll do a bit more digging and see what i can see.

Edit: what type of linux are you using, when was the last time you updated ffmpeg?
Ok....further to this I have installed UMS on my windows machine :( but used the drive/s connected to Linux.....initially the video played but with the audio way out of sync....so quit ums and restarted....now I'm getting the same HTTP error as I did on the Linux box....now I'm getting confused as I thought it might be network related.

BTW....I have set the default player on each to VLC rather than Mencoder, the error applies to all films, but the film will play with no issues in VLC as a standalone player so I know the film/s are OK....

Linux is Ubuntu Precise.....and I've just update ffmpeg.....so retried UMS still the same http error.....