Version 4.0.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Kefran
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:57 am
Location: QLD, Australia

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by Kefran » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Hi guys, any chance of an OSX Java7 version soon?

farkasn
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by farkasn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Wow, Chromecast support :)
I can't wait to test it out. Very good work.

DualC
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by DualC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:38 am

Thx for the new realese, .. is it only me or is it some problem to do the "Install/Update" thing whan u have installed the Channel Plugin.

I run it as Adminstrator .. but nothing happens, .. no channels are installing.

/M

Phonism
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:56 am

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by Phonism » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:39 am

You guys are awesome! Thank you for continuing giving us the best media server, and now it just got better! You guys are the best!

UMS 5.3.0 - Java 8 update 60 - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Intel Core i7-3770 - 8GB RAM
PS3 Slim 120GB
PS4

User avatar
nenito2k
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 4:08 am

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by nenito2k » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:02 am

@subjunk : UMS should focus on java 8 only ! everyone can upgrade, as it is free ! ditch 6 & 7 ! Evolution baby ;)

DualC
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:02 pm

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by DualC » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:31 pm

One other thing i also saw was that it has been improvment to some renderers, like mine WDTV Live for example.

But i cant still play the streams i have...

But If i put "#TranscodeAudio=WAV" in WDTVLive.conf file, it works.

Maybe something to look up?

User avatar
Optimus_prime
Posts: 690
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:39 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by Optimus_prime » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:48 pm

A 4.0.1 java 7 version is up for OS-X Kefran :)
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum

Paradox
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 am

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by Paradox » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:35 pm

nenito2k wrote:@subjunk : UMS should focus on java 8 only ! everyone can upgrade, as it is free ! ditch 6 & 7 ! Evolution baby ;)
Evolution my ass...
Java 8 and it derivatives is not compatible with Windows XP, older OSX versions and will not work properly with Linux versions with an older kernal. It also has flaws for anyone running 32bit browsers such as firefox. SO no not "everyone" can upgrade or would want to. Unless you want us all to use that 64bit crap called internet explorer or am demanding people with certain Linux server software (which has ran on an older kernal reliably for years) all just clear off and every mac owner should pay to upgrade their OSX to the latest version and turn it into an iphone lookalike.

Most ridiculous post ever! Suggesting a good 3rd of the worlds OS's probably more should all just be excluded because you are likely using windows 8 pretty tiles (You are the minority still) doesnt mean the rest of the planet wants to.

Thankfully i like to think the developers check stuff like that first rather than just listen to it.

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 3016
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Version 4.0.0 is released

Post by SubJunk » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:09 pm

domain wrote:Great! But no 3D subtitles?
3D subtitles will work if you prepare them :) We have automatic 3D subtitle conversion on the way too
farkasn wrote:Wow, Chromecast support :)
I can't wait to test it out. Very good work.
Hope you like it :)
DualC wrote:Thx for the new realese, .. is it only me or is it some problem to do the "Install/Update" thing whan u have installed the Channel Plugin.

I run it as Adminstrator .. but nothing happens, .. no channels are installing.

/M
Works for me
Phonism wrote:You guys are awesome! Thank you for continuing giving us the best media server, and now it just got better! You guys are the best!
Thanks Phonism! :)
nenito2k wrote:@subjunk : UMS should focus on java 8 only ! everyone can upgrade, as it is free ! ditch 6 & 7 ! Evolution baby ;)
I wish :p If only the adoption rate of Java was faster. Anyway it's not much extra work to just release different versions. The changes between Java 6 and Java 8 in terms of the programming language have been minor.
DualC wrote:One other thing i also saw was that it has been improvment to some renderers, like mine WDTV Live for example.

But i cant still play the streams i have...

But If i put "#TranscodeAudio=WAV" in WDTVLive.conf file, it works.

Maybe something to look up?
OK great, we will give that a try :)

Post Reply