Help us improve support for your devices

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
wazer
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:52 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by wazer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:35 am

Hello again


This time I'm writing for my parents house, home for Christmas, started clean ums 5.0.0-b1 installion so that you can improve/add support for UE55ES8005/UE55ES8000

Here's the debug files
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
UE55ES8005/UE55ES8000 5.0.0-b1
(18.95 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

kkomara
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:48 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by kkomara » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:40 pm

I do not use DLNA because I need to access my home media over VPN over the internet.

Please add HTTP support for IOS/iPhone,

Here is what works on Wild Media Server (WMS):

My video files are stored as .wmv (Video Format is wmv2, Audio format is mp3)

Video is transcoded to:

Mpegts
-vcodec h264 libx264 (yuv420p, 720x540,....)
-acodec aac libfaac (48000Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a movie to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the movie perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Audio:

My audio files are stored as .wmva(Format is wmav2)

mp3
acodec mpe libmp3ame (44100Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a song to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the song perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Maybe this is a dumb question - but is this possible now with UMS by changing some kind of internal parameters ???

Thanks All !!!!
kkomara

Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:48 am

Unctom
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:24 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by Unctom » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:36 am

Beta 1 seems stable but some transcoders don't seem to work. Here is my log file.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(23.19 KiB) Downloaded 136 times

billfish
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:23 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by billfish » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:49 am

Samsung BD-C6800. UMS shows up onscreen as a device, but attempts to open it produce the message "No movie file in current device."
UMS media scan looked like it went OK.
Mac OSX 10.10.1
UMS 4.3.1
Java 8

Log file attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg1.zip
(5.6 KiB) Downloaded 147 times

Enrice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by Enrice » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:40 am

Hi again,

by sending via Windows Media Player I managed to identify the supported media of the HAMA IR320, which are:
mp3,wav,mp4,aac,wma

Anyway, by using UMS I was just able to play WMA as can be verified by the attached log - still only by controlling via UMS, not through the device itself.
ums_dbg.zip
HAMA IR320
(42.71 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
On my PANA I still get best results when excluding transcoding for MKV and AVI. What I find annoying is that you can no longer have "no encoding" as default, this can only be selected in the #TRANSCODED'# folder, when exclusion for that specific file extension is activated. For verification of this behaviour I provided another log.
ums_dbg2.zip
PANASONIC ETW60
(199.91 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
Thanks for investigation (again).

User avatar
SubJunk
Lead Developer
Posts: 3013
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by SubJunk » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:14 am

wazer wrote:Hello again


This time I'm writing for my parents house, home for Christmas, started clean ums 5.0.0-b1 installion so that you can improve/add support for UE55ES8005/UE55ES8000

Here's the debug files
Thanks a lot, wazer! We have added support for that TV in the next version :)
kkomara wrote:I do not use DLNA because I need to access my home media over VPN over the internet.

Please add HTTP support for IOS/iPhone,

Here is what works on Wild Media Server (WMS):

My video files are stored as .wmv (Video Format is wmv2, Audio format is mp3)

Video is transcoded to:

Mpegts
-vcodec h264 libx264 (yuv420p, 720x540,....)
-acodec aac libfaac (48000Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a movie to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the movie perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Audio:

My audio files are stored as .wmva(Format is wmav2)

mp3
acodec mpe libmp3ame (44100Hz,....)

When I use WMS and I click on a song to play it streams to my iphone and the stock IOS video player plays the song perfectly. When I use the WMS HTTP interface I do not have issues with it trying to use FLASH. I have other MANY other issues with WMS that are causing me not to be able to use it. Would MUCH rather use an OPEN source program like UMS !!

Maybe this is a dumb question - but is this possible now with UMS by changing some kind of internal parameters ???

Thanks All !!!!
kkomara

Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:48 am
What happens when you try to use the UMS web interface on your iPhone with UMS 5.0.0-b1?
billfish wrote:Samsung BD-C6800. UMS shows up onscreen as a device, but attempts to open it produce the message "No movie file in current device."
UMS media scan looked like it went OK.
Mac OSX 10.10.1
UMS 4.3.1
Java 8

Log file attached.
Hi billfish, I've attempted to improve support for your device in the next version. Unfortunately I can't build test versions for OS X so you'll have to wait for the release, sorry.
Enrice wrote:Hi again,

by sending via Windows Media Player I managed to identify the supported media of the HAMA IR320, which are:
mp3,wav,mp4,aac,wma

Anyway, by using UMS I was just able to play WMA as can be verified by the attached log - still only by controlling via UMS, not through the device itself.
The attachment ums_dbg.zip is no longer available
On my PANA I still get best results when excluding transcoding for MKV and AVI. What I find annoying is that you can no longer have "no encoding" as default, this can only be selected in the #TRANSCODED'# folder, when exclusion for that specific file extension is activated. For verification of this behaviour I provided another log.
The attachment ums_dbg2.zip is no longer available
Thanks for investigation (again).
Thanks for the info, Enrice! I've added those supported files for the IR320, feel free to try out the attached renderer config and let me know how it goes.
As for the Panasonic thing, in the next version there will be more videos that don't get transcoded, since we had a bug that caused too much transcoding. Some may still unnecessarily transcode, since we like to err on the side of caution (it's better to receive a transcoded video than one that doesn't work) but it will be much improved :)
Attachments
Hama-IR320.conf
(767 Bytes) Downloaded 135 times

Tuhincba
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by Tuhincba » Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:32 pm

THIS site is most important for electric divice users thank you for the post

Enrice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by Enrice » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:14 pm

SubJunk wrote:Some may still unnecessarily transcode, since we like to err on the side of caution (it's better to receive a transcoded video than one that doesn't work) but it will be much improved :)
Not, if your server is too slow for transcoding... ;-)

Enrice
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by Enrice » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:31 am

Hi.

Regarding the ir320: sorry to say, still no files listed at all. :cry: I never have seen any file listed with any version and any renderer config when using UMS.
Something deeply more general must be the problem, since I am able to see (and play) them from win8 media player as well as Plex media server.

rhauff
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:07 am

Re: Help us improve support for your devices

Post by rhauff » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 am

Sony Bluray player BDP-BX510 has problems playing many video types. I'll start with this one:
Trying to play an iphone video, the video comes up shows maybe 1 second of video, no audio, then freezes. I am unable to power down the player, and must pull the power plug to restart it.

UMS version 5.0.0-b1 on Ubuntu (same problem occurs on version 4.3 and 4.2, have not tested earlier)
The renderer is properly detected as a Sony Bluray

I have attached the debug log zip file, and the specification file (change extension to .pdf to open it)

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(64.96 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
BDPBX510_mksp.zip
Specifications for Sony BDP-BX510
Rename to .pdf to open
(212.77 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Post Reply