Detecting media renderers which are not mine

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
aimoo

Detecting media renderers which are not mine

Post by aimoo »

Hey, my UMS shows devices as media renderers which are not mine (Samsung TV for example). I think I have the correct settings in control panel about media streaming.
What actions are needed? Thanks
Wolfgan

Re: Detecting media renderers which are not mine

Post by Wolfgan »

Without logs it will hard to guess :-) Please follow viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
Nadahar

Re: Detecting media renderers which are not mine

Post by Nadahar »

In addition to that we need the debug files, I'd like to mention:
  • No settings in the Control Panel has any effect on UMS. Windows has it's own DLNA implementation, and this is completely separate from UMS.
  • UMS will detect anything on the local IP subnet. It has no idea wheter a device is "yours" or not. You can however regulate which devices get access to UMS by using either whitelist or blacklist, but any device will be detected.
  • UMS sometimes recognizes devices as something else than they actually are. That depends on what information is available, and some devices/renderers send out very similar or equal information. To avoid misrecognition, unwanted renderer profiles can be deactivated under "Select renderers".