[Solved] M2TS Files Now Seen As MP4s After 2.6.0 Update

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: M2TS Files Now Seen As MP4s After 2.6.0 Update

Post by SubJunk »

Hmm OK, so if the bug only occurs when the Oppo is detected as an unknown renderer, it might mean there is a conflict in renderer files or something. Can you please try to reproduce the bug with 2.6.1 and post the logs? Instructions at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556

As for detecting the 103, we tried it before but it identifies itself the same way as the 93 so it's not possible to tell them apart unfortunately
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

SubJunk wrote:Hmm OK, so if the bug only occurs when the Oppo is detected as an unknown renderer, it might mean there is a conflict in renderer files or something. Can you please try to reproduce the bug with 2.6.1 and post the logs? Instructions at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556

As for detecting the 103, we tried it before but it identifies itself the same way as the 93 so it's not possible to tell them apart unfortunately
I should be able to do it this week. Do you want me to use whatever the official release is at that time? Since 2.6.2 is out already. Thanks.

BTW, I forwarded what you mentioned in regards to the Oppo to their support who in turn forwarded it to their engineers. Not sure if they'll do anything, but their support did say the 103 should be identifying itself as the 103 but to be sure they forwarded the info to the engineers.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Yes, please use the latest official release to test.
About identifying the OPPO, if you talk with them again let them know the 83 includes "BDP-83" in its user-agent string which lets us identify that, but the 93 and 103 don't. Their user-agent strings have "OPPO PLAYER" in them.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

SubJunk wrote:Yes, please use the latest official release to test.
About identifying the OPPO, if you talk with them again let them know the 83 includes "BDP-83" in its user-agent string which lets us identify that, but the 93 and 103 don't. Their user-agent strings have "OPPO PLAYER" in them.
Okay, I grabbed 2.6.2 and PMed you the log files. I also sent your info about the Oppo to their support.

BTW, I do have the Sony STR-DA5800ES AVR but it's being identified as Sony NM100 or something like that and my Roku XS 2 is seen as a Netgear type of device.

Let me know if you need anything else. Thanks.
AYColumbia

Post by AYColumbia »

Looks like this issue is fixed in 2.6.3. Many thanks. :D