Version 5.1.0 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
Paradox
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 am

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by Paradox » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:06 am

Ooooo
"Fixed filename bug on Sony Bravia TVs"
Subjunk what magic have you done here :) would love to know a bit more about this. Please tell me its related to the weird DLNA PN bravias use for some files.

michaelt
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 am
Location: lost in the depths of my mind

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by michaelt » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:54 am

michaelt wrote:
ExSport wrote:"\" is not acceptable char on Windows so I suppose it is hidden as UMS code can't handle with it (also in case you are on Linux)
I'll try changing it to a semicolon ';' and see if no one notices.
I changes the '\' to ';', logged out, logged back in, launched UMS.
Same issues:
  • title "M*A*S*H (MASH; 1970; Blu-ray).mkv" not parsed
    "Not Supported File Format" reported for all titles
Quit UMS, relaunched UMS - works fine!

Next: changed '*' to '-' and repeated test.
It seems to work ok on the first try. I'll try more later.

I'll post the logs in Support:
  • ums_dbg_510J6_NotSupportedFile-3
    ums_dbg_OK
Edit: "M-A-S-H (MASH; 1970; Blu-ray)" works ofter logout-login and long idle times between launches. Someone, somewhere has a problem with the asterisk '*' in pathnames! If it pops up again later, I'll start bug post.
From the prolific use of '*' it might be worthwhile to root cause this.

However, why is the '*' behavior not consistent??
MacPro5,1 - 2.8 GHz, 32 GB, 20TB, OS X 10.11.6,
. . . . and a few others.
Samsung UN55C8000
Home Theater (WIP): OS X based now, dedicated Linux later.

ExSport
Posts: 596
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:57 am

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by ExSport » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:33 am

In Windows world "*" is also forbidden but definitely weird that behavior is so erratic and not consistent.

michaelt
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 am
Location: lost in the depths of my mind

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by michaelt » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:42 am

In unix land '*' can be used but needs to be "escaped" ('\*') in shell scripts. It is a valid character as are almost all special characters.

It is the random nature of this which bothers me and that it affects the file recognition.
MacPro5,1 - 2.8 GHz, 32 GB, 20TB, OS X 10.11.6,
. . . . and a few others.
Samsung UN55C8000
Home Theater (WIP): OS X based now, dedicated Linux later.

Paradox
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 am

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by Paradox » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:40 am

Windows filenames can not use...

\ / : * ? " <> | any of them will give issues in filenames and foldernames with many applications. I suspect there are similar characters on OSX which perform (or rather do not) in a similar fashion.

andreos11
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 am

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by andreos11 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:51 am

Here I found Java 8 version ?

Paradox
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 am

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by Paradox » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:28 am

andreos11 wrote:Here I found Java 8 version ?
There are versions available for all java variants...
http://sourceforge.net/projects/unimedi ... 0Releases/

Paradox
Posts: 140
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:50 am

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by Paradox » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:36 am

Bad form to double post i know but a couple of minor little things for the devs.............

1. The Bravia slow browsing of files issue i reported for versions 5.0.0 and 5.0.1 are gone :) This 5.10 version everything is back to its snappy self, nice work.

and more of a little forgetfulness than anything.......

2. Default.conf renderer does not have any mention of the "ThumbnailSize = " option, it was also forgotten in the prior 5.xx versions ;)

Other than that nothing really to report everything thus far for me seems to be functioning fine. Still itching to find out more about "Fixed filename bug on Sony Bravia TVs" though.

Matt
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:48 am

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:18 am

Paradox wrote:Still itching to find out more about "Fixed filename bug on Sony Bravia TVs" though.
Probably this discussion viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2963

And these closed issues from GitHub
Android https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... issues/490
Bravia https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... issues/499

:D

michaelt
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:18 am
Location: lost in the depths of my mind

Re: Version 5.1.0 is released

Post by michaelt » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:14 pm

Paradox wrote:Windows filenames can not use...

\ / : * ? " <> | any of them will give issues in filenames and foldernames with many applications. I suspect there are similar characters on OSX which perform (or rather do not) in a similar fashion.
Because I derive my Titles from the UPC's, I have no control over the characters used.

I did a complete scan of all printable characters in file names and found only one "problem": '/' and ':'.
OSX allows a slash in pathnames but actually stores them internally as colon ':'. There is no way to get around it, slash is the only printable character not allowed in unix land, hence the colon fudge.

UMS bottom line: all printable characters handed to UMS behaved properly except for one: ampersand '&'. I'll post a support/bug report elsewhere.

I do have one Windows XP machine and will try later the same character scan there as well for general information.
MacPro5,1 - 2.8 GHz, 32 GB, 20TB, OS X 10.11.6,
. . . . and a few others.
Samsung UN55C8000
Home Theater (WIP): OS X based now, dedicated Linux later.

Post Reply