Renderers profiles

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
Havok1769

Renderers profiles

Post by Havok1769 »

1. My TV was showing up as a Visio Smart TV and using said config file. I tried following the instructions to edit the .conf but was unable to find the specific information in the debug file (new to this). I noticed however (which you can see in the screenshot below) That when there are no config files in the renderers folder that it recognizes the TV correctly, even with the correct picture of the TV. When I click the new config file button it asks for a file to base it on. Not sure if I should just pick any Sony TV or if someone smarter than me can find the info needed for a correct profile from the debug attached.

2. Also in the screenshot below my Home Theater System ( [HTS]E6500 ) has the correct Model info and picture. When the configs are in the renderers foldler, it displays the correct model name but it uses the Samsung-NotCD config and a picture for a Samsung Smart TV. The config file says it is for Blu-ray players with Allshare DLNA so it is the correct file. I am wondering though where the program gets the correct renderer icon from when the config files are not in the folder and also where the icons that the config files point to are located so that I can create a copy of the config file but use the correct picture.

Thanks in advance for any help

Just noticed that I posted this in the wrong spot. If a mod will help me out and move it I will appreciate it
Attachments
ums_dbg2.zip
(13.47 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
renderers.png
renderers.png (231.71 KiB) Viewed 5571 times
valib
Developer

Re: Renderers profiles

Post by valib »

You can use BraviaR.conf mentioned at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1307&p=7982#p7982 The only problem is that it interfere with other rendererers because of the setting

Code: Select all

UserAgentSearch=IPI/1.0 UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
You can add to the BraviaR.conf

Code: Select all

LoadingPriority = 
and set it to e.g. 10 to make the BraviaR.conf as the most important .conf
Havok1769

Re: Renderers profiles

Post by Havok1769 »

Thanks Valib, That profile works a hell of a lot better, doesn't use the correct image but it works which is the important thing. i left the Visio config in the backup folder to avoid conflict. After seeing how well the TV profile works I now realize that the SamsungNoCD profile isn't all that great for the HTS6500. Delayed loads, and some files do not play properly.

2 questions remain:

1. Is there a better profile for the HTS or how should I modify the current one based on the logs I attached?

2. Where do the images for the renderers come from when the config files are not in the renderers folder?