Youtube.. what's the best way..

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Youtube.. what's the best way..

Post by SharkHunter »

squadjot wrote:Ok, i got it working..

25 of my 100 favorites are now show.. but none of playlists..
I have never fixed playlists so they might not work (just what you see).
I'm no big YouTube user so all links I ever tried works for me. Can you send me some links that doesn't work? (send a PM if you don't want to show the world your viewing habbits :))
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

By coincidence i noticed pepy.zip was corrupt (it doublecliked to check its contents)..
downloading again..
mafps

Post by mafps »

Have UMS.conf variables for youtube-dl? I can't find.
I want to set youtube-dl --max-quality 37 (1080p), default max-quality is 22 (720p).
Thanks.
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

mafps wrote:Have UMS.conf variables for youtube-dl? I can't find.
I want to set youtube-dl --max-quality 37 (1080p), default max-quality is 22 (720p).
Thanks.
Nope not now. Mybe I'll fix it in the future (it had before but the youtube concept has changed in channels).

YouTube changed some stuff (adding some obscure crap in the url). Use this groovy file to get rid of it (place it in you pmsencoder.scripts dir, which usually is extras\scripts).
Attachments
youtube.zip
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 635 times
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
mafps

Post by mafps »

My bad. PMSencoder has a variable - youtube-dl.max-quality (default: 22). And in log file\

Code: Select all

downloader command: [/usr/bin/youtube-dl, --max-quality, 37, --quiet, -o, /tmp/universalmediaserver/pmsencoder_downloader_out_1353871024087_40, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9esrDGxrX5c&feature=youtube_gdata_player]
Seems to be ok, but video quality isn't 1080p. Maybe trouble in youtube, maybe in something else.
Anyway thanks for help.
golddesign

Post by golddesign »

Would like to raise the topic.

Are there a lot of people who are lucky to get youtube streaming full HD?

I posted already a topic here with some details. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=814 I was trying for a last week to stream youtube, no luck.

Streaming files no problem, ted no problem. I already added the channel to the WEB.conf and can see them on plazma - says playback error. In channels nothing appears. Any advises?
Marucins

Post by Marucins »

Is there a guide on how to integrate the YouTube Universal Media Server, so that on TV who lost the support (Panasonic VT30) can watch videos from YT??