How to change the renderer for a given device?

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
rgr

Post by rgr »

I click on the name of the current renderer and on the + sign next to it, but either Notepad opens or I can overwrite another file (and only in the "renderers" folder).
mik_s

Re: How to change the renderer for a given device?

Post by mik_s »

You would have to modify an existing conf that is similar and change the UserAgentSearch and UpnpDetailsSearch options to match your device.
Using the + button will let you write a new conf for that specific device based on its UUID or IP address.

There isn't a way to tell UMS to use another conf for a device at the moment but I think it would make things a lot easier if there was.
I'll make a suggestion to see if this can be added which should be a lot easier now with some of the work done in V14.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.
boss

Re: How to change the renderer for a given device?

Post by boss »

I do the following which has worked well for me.
I rename the "renderers" folder to "renderers.original".
Then create a new "renderers" folder.
Then copy only the *.conf files that I use from the "renderers.original" folder to the "renderers" folder.
Then I make my changes to *.conf files in the "renderers" folder.

By doing that, UMS is not scanning all the unused *.conf files and you have the *.conf files (in original form) in the "renderers.original" folder and your modified
*.conf files in the "renderers" folder.