Media Player/App on Samsung smart tv

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
FornaXAA

Media Player/App on Samsung smart tv

Post by FornaXAA »

Hi Folks,

Super noob question, I'm sure it's been asked before but I can't find the answer anywhere on here.

I'm not new to anything like this, and have no problems finding UMS on my PS3's, PS4's, and Sony smart TV using their media players, or their "search for server" options, but I can't for the life of me find the UMS on my samsung JH5203 smart tv

I can see all my PS3's, PS4's, sony smart tv AND the samsung smart tv in the UMS window which shows connected devices. But I have no idea how to access the server on my samsung smart hub!

Is there an app, or a media player for this TV? I was able to get Plex working on it, but I would much rather use UMS as it is by far the better server for many reasons.

Please help
thanks!
Nadahar

Re: Media Player/App on Samsung smart tv

Post by Nadahar »

This is very hard to answer for anyone not having this TV, but I took a peek in the TV's manual and found this desciption:
  1. Navigate to Network > Multimedia Device Settings. The devices connected to the TV are listed.
  2. Select a device connected through DLNA using your home network, the folders and files shared by the selected device are listed.
  3. Select the media content you want to play from the list. The media content plays.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Press the "Source" button in your remote control, UMS should appear along TV, USB and other connected sources...
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

On my 2015 Samsung TV i just press the SmartHub button, then select the "My content" option
FornaXAA

Post by FornaXAA »

Wolfgan wrote:Press the "Source" button in your remote control, UMS should appear along TV, USB and other connected sources...

this worked perfectly!! thank you very much Wolfgan!! :D
fabio5000

Post by fabio5000 »

HI everyone,
I use UMS for a Long time and it`s perfect, But I purchase a New TV Samsung JU6500 and UMS is not working on this TV
UMS found the TV, but I cant found the UMS in the TV. It`s not in the source or in any other location

SOmeone can help me ?

Do I need to do something on this TV to work ?

THanks
fabio5000

Post by fabio5000 »

fabio5000 wrote:HI everyone,
I use UMS for a Long time and it`s perfect, But I purchase a New TV Samsung JU6500 and UMS is not working on this TV
UMS found the TV, but I cant found the UMS in the TV. It`s not in the source or in any other location

SOmeone can help me ?

Do I need to do something on this TV to work ?

THanks
Just an Update, I tried version 5.3.1 and version 6 alpha
I dont se my TV model in the list, can it be the problem ?

Thanks Agina
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Are you sure that your TV supports the DLNA? I have taken a look on the TV specification and also the manual and I didn't find it. To figure it out please follow the instruction "Forum rules" written in red above.
fabio5000

Post by fabio5000 »

THanks for the answer,
I'm pretty sure that support DLNA, I Used serviio to test, http://www.serviio.org/ and worked (but servioo is not good, UMS is 1000% better :-) )

i'm in the work now, When I return to home I will send the Log

Thanks again
fabio5000

Post by fabio5000 »

Just to complete, I found in the samsung site that support DLAN
http://www.samsung.com/br/consumer/tv-a ... JU6500GXZD

Convergence
TV to Mobile - Mirroring
Sim
Mobile to TV - Mirroring, DLNA
Sim