Stops Playing and can not access the service provider

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Shady Moustafa

Stops Playing and can not access the service provider

Post by Shady Moustafa »

I was using universal media server with windows 7 64 bit as i stream movies and videos from my PC to my TV Sony Bravia with no problems then i upgraded my PC to windows 10 64 bit also i have downloaded the last universal media server update 6.4 and last update of java now i am facing problems after opening any video sometimes after 1m sometimes after 20m sometime more than that it stops playing and gives me this message in my TV "can not access the service provider"
I have tried everything that i read on internet and nothing changed
also media streaming option is on also from this path
Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings
i have made it file and printer sharing i have tried also to turn off windows 10 firewall but also nothing changed

in universal media server LOGS that was the last two lines it just stops by itself
22:45:08 INFO Started playing 26.mp4 on your BRAVIA KDL-46HX750
22:45:47 INFO Stopped playing 26.mp4 on your BRAVIA KDL-46HX750
i feel that something in windows 10 disconnects the connection after sometime by someway
also i will tell why that i am assuming that its from windows 10 as i am used with windows 7 to right click on video and i can click send to then click sony bravia model
but in windows 10 when i right click on video and click cast to then click sony bravia model the video play on my TV but after some while maybe 10m or 30m its the same the video stops playing in my tv by itself

i am tired of testing and searching i have wasted much time on that i am thinking for going back to Windows 7

atamariya

Re: Stops Playing and can not access the service provider

Post by atamariya »

That must be a faulty router. If the connection breaks for any reason, the media play sequence has to be restarted.
Shady Moustafa

Post by Shady Moustafa »

But that start happening just after upgrading to windows 10
Triplefun

Post by Triplefun »

Are you using ums java 8 and not the default java 7?
Shady Moustafa

Post by Shady Moustafa »

I am using ums java 8 with the last update of java 8 also i have tested ums java 7 with java 7 and the problem is still there.
Shady Moustafa

Post by Shady Moustafa »

I will wait for Windows 10 Anniversary update on august if that does not fix my problem i will be back to Windows 7.