Mkv subtitles don't show

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
a12r13

Mkv subtitles don't show

Post by a12r13 »

Hello guys, I use UMS 3.4.1 and I love this software.
I use it with a Samsung TV with SmartHub (I think the software name is AllShare - not sure).

I've just one issue : I try to read a mkv file with french subtitles, but they don't show... although I can see them when I play he file with VLC on my PC.

I suppose the issue comes from the subtitles parameters : I tried lots of changes after reading threads on this forum, but it never worked.

I attach a logfile including opening of the movie
I also attach a screen copy of my subtitles parameters.
And last I attach a screen copy showing the subtitle mentioned by VLC while reading the mkv file.

If you need anything else please tell me.
Thank you in advance for your help.
Attachments
subtitles list showed by VLC
subtitles list showed by VLC
mkv subs.png (12.24 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
subtitles transcoding parameters
subtitles transcoding parameters
UMS param.png (41.17 KiB) Viewed 5827 times
ums_dbg.zip
UMS logs
(25.04 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
a12r13

Re: Mkv subtitles don't show

Post by a12r13 »

Any help someone ?
Thx
pen

Post by pen »

Is it an MKV file with embedded subtitles or do you have external subtitles (separate file)? I guess the former?

Have you tried to use the #TRANSCODE folder and chosen to play with subtitles? Is there such an option visible?

I do also have issues (see Linux threads) but probably not the same as you since in my case UMS is at least trying to transcode the subs. Anyway, if your Samsung is A,B,C or D series, then it can most probably not render MKV embedded subtitles so you have to make UMS transcode somehow.

Pen
Server Ubuntu 12.04, Renderer Samsung 46D6300
a12r13

Post by a12r13 »

Hello
the subtitles are embedded in he file.
I did not try to use subtitles files but I think I'mgoing to try that since I can't find any other solution.
I'll post some news when I will have tried.
Thx.